When you travel to a city with thousands of years of history, the only certainty is that you will have endless scenery to explore! In this article, we present the top attractions in Istanbul that you should definitely visit during your trip.
These places are located in the most beautiful and central points of Istanbul. Those who want to experience Istanbul as a local, not as a tourist, can review our other articles about Turkey Istanbul apartments for rent.
8 Places You Must Visit in Istanbul!
- The most famous and most important of the places you should visit is Hagia Sophia. This building, which is an old Greek church built 1700 years ago; It served as a Christian church for more than 900 years until the conquest of Istanbul by Sultan Mehmed in 1453.
- The next most spectacular sight in Istanbul is Topkapi Palace, located behind Hagia Sophia. A must visit group of small buildings that housed sultans and their families for over 400 years.
- The Blue Mosque is one of the most famous mosques not only in Istanbul, but in all of Turkey. The only mosque with 6 minarets, located directly opposite Hagia Sophia, was built for Sultan Ahmed between 1609 and 1616. It got its name from the wonderful interior made of the famous blue Iznik tiles.
- One of the most majestic sights on the shores of the Bosphorus is Dolmabahçe Palace, where the sultans and their families lived, after Topkapi Palace. You can explore this wonderful building in the Beşiktaş area all year round!
- The stone tower, which can be seen from many points of the city, is the beautiful Galata Tower. The medieval stone tower located on an uphill road in the Galata region; It offers magnificent views of the Golden Horn, Bosphorus, Sultanahmet and much more.
- The Basilica Cistern is the city’s most atmospheric attraction! This underground beauty, which served as a cistern during the Byzantine Empire, has 336 columns supporting its ceiling.
- Finally, there are the city’s two covered bazaars: the Grand Bazaar and the Spice Bazaar. These two bazaars, which are very close to each other, are home to thousands of small shops. These bazaars offer all kinds of clothes, accessories, carpets, leather, home decorations, jewelry and many traditional Turkish spices and flavors.
Discover Street Fashion While Touring Istanbul
Street fashion is fashion created by ordinary people, not stylists. This fashion, which can often be seen on the streets in daily life, is largely dependent on the culture of that place.
When talking about street fashion, which is mostly influenced by the biggest cities in the world, it is impossible not to mention the metropolis of Istanbul.
While walking around Istanbul, you will immediately notice that the street fashion has changed in different districts of this magnificent city. For example, you may notice that people wear more expensive brand clothes in these neighborhoods where high socioeconomically ranked individuals such as Şişli and Bebek live.
To make real estate investments in Istanbul, you can choose these centrally located places with high investment value. You can notice that the main theme of fashion in districts such as Cihangir and Karaköy is Bohemian-Hipster style.
Investors can encounter unique gems in this region, which is among the ideal districts to get lost in its streets.
When you observe street fashion in Istanbul, you may notice that a successful blend of European fashion style with elements of Eastern culture has created a new fashion style.
You can see that young people in Istanbul have a simple and elegant casual style. However, people who wear sports clothes and have a comfortable style can also be encountered frequently.
If you are in a big city like Istanbul, especially for travel purposes, you can choose to wear comfortable and sports clothes.
You will have the chance to observe all kinds of street fashion while walking in Istiklal Street, the most famous pedestrian street of not only Istanbul but all of Turkey.
Real estates close to Istiklal Street and Taksim Square; although it is an expensive choice to buy, it is quite reasonable for investment. People who want to live in a quieter neighborhood can browse Beylikdüzü apartments for sale. If you want to see more opportunities, you can visit https://www.zingat.com/en page!